This will be a collection of articles, interviews and other writings I consider interesting. I will try to update it every once in a while! I hope you’ll learn something new today.
Sex Work and Human Rights
Politics are a huge factor in the safety of sex workers. Criminalisation and repressive laws will make people more unsafe. In this list you can find some reading on the effect of laws, as well as policy briefs.
- The Law and Political Economy of Sex Work: Symposium by Lorelei Lee
- Amnesty International publishes policy and research on protection of sex workers’ right
- I am not a slave by Gilda Merlot
- Stigma & Violence (short movie) by Aidsfonds, PROUD en Blindspotfilms.co.za
- Revolting Prostitutes: The Fight for Sex Workers’ Rights (book) by Juno Mac and Molly Smith
- The Anti-Sex Traffickers Bill Sounds Good—Until You Look a Little Closer by Sady Doyle
- Assessment of impact criminalisation of purchasing sexual services report regarding client criminalisation in Northern Ireland
- ‘Dramatic rise’ in attacks on sex workers since law change by Conor Gallagher in The Irish Times
- Sex Work and Immigration: When Criminalization Is Disguised as Protection by Gilda Merlot
- Cash/Consent: The war on sex work an essay by Lorelei Lee
- The Equality Model is criminalization by another name; pass the Stop Violence in the Sex Trades Act by Decrim NY
- Why I Am No Longer an Abolitionist by Michelle Kelly
- Jailing of migrant sex workers in Ireland decried as ‘completely unjust’ by Maya Oppenheim
- ‘Be Careful Who You Treat Like Shit’: A Former Porn Star Sues Her School
- Exclusive: Justice Department anti-human trafficking grants prompt whistleblower complaint
- A War Over Sex Work is Raging Inside The Nation’s Biggest Feminist Group
- How the War on Sex Work Crushes Underprivileged Women
Sex Workers and.. work.
- Why Do Sex Workers Always Get Left Out of the Self-Care Conversation? by Lillian Stone
- What is a Nice Girl Like You Doing in a Job Like This report by the English Collective of Prostitutes
- Your Mother Is A Whore: Sex Work And Motherhood by Jessie Sage
- I Told My Mentor I Was a Dominatrix by Mistress Snow
- Why Do Women Become Sex Workers?
- 85 Ways to Make Sex Workers’ Lives a Little Easier by Femi Babylon
- Strippers union United Voices of the World and Decrim Now celebrate employment tribunal win
Sex Work on the Big Screen
- Hustlers (2019) by Bubbles on Tits and Sass
- Dear Cardi B by @ethicalpute
- Bonding (2019) by Emily Dall’Ora Warfield on Tits and Sass
- A sex worker honestly reviews Louis Theroux’s new documentary by @LydiaCaradonna
Sex Workers and the Internet
Some interesting reads about being naked on the internet, (online) pornography, social media, censorship and all that.
- Porn Doesn’t Suffer from a ‘Piracy Problem’, It Actively Relies Upon It by Annie Lord
- On Backpage by Caty Simon on Tits and Sass
- Shadowbans: Secret Policies Depriving Sex Workers of Income and Community by Juniper Fitzgeralt and Jessie Sage on Tits and Sass
- Saving Face by Vanessa D’alessio on Tits and Sass
- Post-SESTA/FOSTA Self-Censoring for Twitter, Reddit, and other Social Media by Liara Roux on Tits and Sass
- Vampire Porn by David Auerbach
- Sex Workers Are at the Forefront of the Fight Against Mass Surveillance and Big Tech by Erin Taylor
- Was FOSTA Worth It? Consequences of the Online Sex Trafficking Crackdown by The Gender Policy Report
- Platforms which Discriminate Against Sex Workers by #survivorsagainstSESTA
- Pornhub Doesn’t Care by Samantha Cole and Emanuel Mailberg
Sex Workers doing Art
Prints, stickers, buttons and t-shirts.
Sekswerkers in Nederland
Hier komen interessante Nederlandse artikelen.
- Sekswerkers over de vooroordelen waar ze mee te maken krijgen bij de dokter door Noor Spanjer
- Een prostitutieverbod lost niets op, wat werkt wel? door Hella Dee
- Stop de verheerlijking van het Zweedse anti-prostitutiemodel door Hella Dee
- Vandaag herdenken we vermoorde sekswerkers door Hella Dee
- Sekswerkers niet langer online welkom door Hella Dee
- Hoe banken sekswerkers tegenwerken door Hella Dee
- Kunst over uitgebuite prostituees? Volgens sekswerkers is kunstenaar zélf uitbuiter door Hella Dee
- Betaal voor je porno, steun sekswerkers door Jane Raider
- De ervaringen van een prostituee (blog) door Zondares
- De legale facade (onderzoek) door Soaids Nederland, Aidsfonds, PROUD en PITCH.
- Maak seks werk door Asha Ten Broeke